Friday 22 April 2016

activities, UNIT 3.

Well, today we have to do some activities, and then write about our results. So in the first part we have to look 2 specific articles and I found a pretty desk and a normal desk top computer and all for less than $1000!. Then, on the next activity I made a quiz and I only had half of the good answers, because I don't now to much about the "Internet Basic Quiz", and in a test I discovered that I have a moderates addiction to the internet. Also in the third part I made an exercise with different words.In the last part I choose an interesting article, the title is "Life Expectancy for white Women in U.S Decreases", Why I decided to take that article? I really don't now, just the tittle catch my attention and I read it. I think that i found sufficient information in the text and with not too many words development the title. The most interesting thing that I read, in resume, maybe is the evolution and decreases in the life expectancy for the woman in that country.Here I let some "difficult words" that I found in the article :
1-Tandem:A bicycle with seats and pedals for two riders, one behind the other.
2-High-income: Relating to or denoting people earning large salaries.
3- Bottom:The lowest point or part of something.
4- Forthcoming:About to happen or appear.
5- Unintentional: Not done on purpose.
6- Either: Used before the first of two (or occasionally more) given alternatives (the other being introduced by ‘or’).
7- Rising: Going Up, Increasing.
8- Elderly: (Of a person) old or aging.
9- Suffer: Experience or be subjected to (something bad or unpleasant).
10- Midlife: The central period of a person’s life, between around 45 and 60 years old.
11- Sounding:  The action of measuring the depth of a body of water.
12- Steady: Firmly fixed, supported, or balanced; not shaking or moving.
13- Poisoning: The severe dermatitis caused by contact with poison oak, poison ivy, or poison sumac.
14- Opioid: A compound resembling opium in addictive properties or Physiological effects.

15- Overdose: An excessive and dangerous dose of a drug.

No comments:

Post a Comment